Sunday, January 27, 2008

The ten year dream

It was tasked upon me this week to write about where I see myself in ten years. This is of course a very irritating task because, if I knew exactly what and where I wanted to be in ten years, I'd spend most of my life being miserable because I never would get there. I have learned this simple truth through life experience, life will never be absolutely perfect. There are a precious few moments when life is far better than perfect. Then there is the rest of the time when life is far below perfect. However, if I happened to be in control of the world then ten years from now would look like this: I would have a beautiful trusting wife and be working on producing a herd of offspring. I would own and operate my own multi million dollar company, which somehow only takes part of my time. There would be lots of vacations and adventures (skydiving, scuba diving, and maybe a cruise or two). I would own a large chunk of land with a functional house in the middle of it. I'd have a few horses, a tricked out Toyota Tacoma six speed stick shift crew cab with a long bed and a roof rack. Oh, and I forgot to mention that my chunk of land backs right up to the best ski/snowboard resort in Colorado, oh wait I own the best ski/snowboard resort in Colorado...yeah that is it.

In reality ten years will probably look like this: I'll be working in some office somewhere (hopefully). Paying taxes out the rear thanks to those of you who have voted for individuals in the democrat party. Married happily with kids. Living in a nice house in the suburbs of some city. I might even get that Tacoma. All the while wishing I was back in college. In another reality I might get the chance to work in some orphanage overseas which would be a much more fulfilling life (generally I have found that when I give my time and energy to love on people in need, my life is blessed and more meaningful).

But who knows, I am open to the possibilities, and while that might make it hard to make a solid resume in this class I think it is a wise way to be thinking because there is so much potential life left to live.

Thus my blog ends for this week once again
Without Wax, (without faking, aka sincerely)

No comments: